If you have as much of a sweet tooth as we do, then this crunchy no-bake Granola bar is sure to give you your fix of guilt-free dopamine! You can whip up this simple recipe in no time flat which makes it awesome! Who doesn’t like a quick and easy recipe?
Featured image courtesy of @doctorbowl
A truckload of thanks goes to DoctorBowl (Dr. D Sharma) for allowing us to share this recipe with you guys! We hope you love it and try it out! Do give her a follow on her Instagram @doctorbowl. She’s awesome! Take it away Doc!
Don’t waste your money on “healthy” granola bars! Instead, make these easy, no-bake, and refined sugar-free bars!
They are packed with nutrient-dense ingredients that will keep you going throughout your day.
It is a great recipe to make during the weekend so you can satisfy your sweet cravings during the week!
- 1 heaping cup packed dates, pitted
- 1/4 honey/agave syrup
- 1/4 cup creamy salted natural peanut butter
- 1 cup unsalted cashews, loosely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- Optional additions: chocolate chips, dried fruits, pumpkin seeds, nuts, banana chips, vanilla, etc
- Process dates in a food processor until small bits remain (about 1 minute). It should form a “dough” like consistency
- Place oats, cashews and dates in a large mixing bowl. Set aside
- Warm honey and peanut butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir and pour over oat mixture and then mix, breaking up the dates to disperse throughout
- Once thoroughly mixed, transfer to an 8×8 inch baking dish or other small pan lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper so they lift out easily.
- Press down firmly until uniformly flattened – I use something flat, like a drinking glass, to press down and really pack the bars, which helps them hold together better. You can sprinkle some pumpkin seeds or any other add-in you prefer.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let firm up in the fridge or freezer for 20-25 minutes
- Cut up into squares and enjoy!
We really hope you enjoyed this recipe as much as we did. Don’t forget to follow her on Instagram right here!